Saturday, March 16, 2013

Homemade Turtles

So after a dinner of some baked ziti, we wanted something sweet.  After the long day I've had, I wanted something quick and this definitely hit the spot in more ways then one.

This was so quick & easy its ridiculous.  It only took a few minutes to do and was easy enough for my son to help make (as he stole a few Rolos in the process).  I had seen this recipe a few times on Pinterest and glad I finally took the time to make.  I hope you enjoy as much as we did!

I used mini pretzels with salt, however you can use pretzels without salt also.  Salt actually brings out the chocolate taste and compliments it.  You can use the regular mini pretzels or square pretzels.  I would also recommend having everything set up ready to go since you have to do pretty quick.

Ingredients

20 mini pretzels
20 Rolos, unwrapped
20 pecan halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

On a cookie sheet places pretzels down.

Place 1 Rolo on top, once done, carefully place pan in oven.  Cook approximately 2-3 mins.

Remove from oven, quickly place 1 pecan halve on top, press down slightly.  Once done, place cookie sheet in freezer (to help the chocolate harden quicker) for at least 15 minutes.

Enjoy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment