Sunday, April 7, 2013

Breakfast Burrito

I love breakfasts that are quick & easy yet filling at the same time.  Today I wanted to make something that was filling since I plan on taking my son to an event in downtown at Lake Eola called the Spring Fiesta.  My son is a growing 11 yr old boy who LOVES to eat.  I figured this way he won't ask all day for something if we go full. 

Burritos are always great to make since you can alter them to fit what you like and roll it up in a tortilla.  I usually use whatever I have on hand, kind of like a fridge clean out.  The ones we made today were a hit with my guys so I figured I would share the recipe so you can enjoy them also.

Ingredients:

5 burrito size tortillas
5 eggs
1 box or bag of hash browns (I used Hungry Jacks cheese hash browns)
1/4 cup medium diced onions
1/4 cup medium diced peppers
2 cups medium diced ham (crumbled bacon or sausage can be used also)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
Salsa
Sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Wrap tortillas in foil and put in oven to warm while everything cooks

In a large skillet over medium heat lightly brown ham, remove and set aside

In same large skillet on medium high heat oil, add potatoes & cook according to package

While potatoes are cooking, heat medium pan, add butter, onions and peppers, cook 3-4 mins until onions are translucent

In bowl wisk together eggs, milk, garlic, season salt & pepper, add to onions and peppers, scramble

Remove tortillas from oven, in the middle add some eggs, ham & hash browns, wrap by folding in sides and rolling

You can serve with salsa & sour cream

Enjoy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment